My son caught a cold and he had a fever. I ask my neighbor, who is nurse, what to give him and she said Acetaminophen. But my son is allergic to Acetaminophen. She didnt know that. Then I didnt know what else to do so I took him to ER. They give him something and he was better. For the next time I need to know what can I give him. So, can you tell me what alternatives to Acetaminophen are?

Look, I am not a doctor, but read something about the medications. I think that you can give your son aspirin every time he catches a cold or have fever. Aspirin you can buy in any store, wherever you are and this medicine is used for years so you can be sure that is harmless. Still, I think that you need to ask your son doctor about cross allergic reaction with Acetaminophen.

Wow that was posted a long time ago.. Bad answer though. Giving aspirin to a kid with a fever could give them brain damage.. a little thing called Reye's syndrome. Just because somethings been around for a long time doesn't mean it's safe..

do not give a youth ASA/aspirin it causes a bad syndrome called Reyes syndrome

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/reyes-syndrome/symptoms-causes/syc-20377255