I am pregnant with my second child and I have been getting horrible migraines since I have been pregnant. I can't figure out what is causes them to correct the problem. Can you please give me some answers?
Thank You,
Brittany

Health Advisor
It is a well known fact that migraines can either get much worse or improve during pregnancy and that many women experience their first migraines in pregnancy.
It is related to the hormones. The most commonly used drug in pregnancy is acetaminophen. You should not use any drugs that contain aspirin.
If you develop some additional problems like fever, blurred vision, or prolonged headache you should talk to your doctor about this and have it checked in order to see if the cause of the headache is something else rather than hormones and pregnancy.
See if you can track what’s causing your headaches. It is usually stress, coffee, cheese and the weather. In order to reduce it try having a cold shower, relax, take a nap, or apply cold compresses on your head.
If it doesn’t get any better, you should discuss it with your doc.