My son just recently got over being very sick with a high fever. Since then his hands and feet have been peeling. With him being only 6 years old, he doesn't understand why he cannot pick at the fleshy pieces that are sticking off and aggravating him. What do you think is wrong that his skin is peeling off so badly? The skin that is under what has peeled off is extremely dry, scaley, and rough. I have tried moisterizers and everything! Any help?!?

My son is going to be six and the same thing is happening to him, and its not just peeling little pieces of skin, its like th e whole toe outline etc. He recently had scarlett fever and from what I have read on other sites, having strep can cause this.

My 8 year old son is experiencing the same thing after being sick with a very high fever followed by a skin rash. The skin under what is peeling is red on the palms of his hands and the skin on the feet almost feels like plastic. The doctor has prescribed some medicated cream , lyderm fluocinonide which seems to be helping very slowly. This morning however his neck has started peeling lightly as well.

The doctor feels it may be some allergy. I feel it is the aftermath of the high fever or perhaps some viral skin infection

you should get your son checked for Kawasaki Disease. It could be serious, I had it as a child, and let to heart problems. Started as scarlet fever.

MY DAUGHTER IS 6 YEARS OLD AND THE FEVER..REDNESS AND PEELING OF THE HANDS AND FEET ARE FROM FIFTH VIRUS. THERE IS ALSO A DISEASE CALLED KAWASAKI DISEASE THAT CAN CAUSE THIS. CHECK INTO IT.

Hi My son is 11 1/2 year old and has hands are peeling but he never had a fever. I'm a little weared because I read about John Travolta's son Jett he had a disorder call Kawasaki disease is this what my son has. My son hands didn't peel like a fruit its a little spots of peeling and its not red.

My 15 year old ran a considerable fever (103.2 was the highest) for a few days. He had no cough or sore throat. His first complaint was his itching thumb and forefinger which developed a rash that spread all over his hands, his chest, trunk and back. The fever lasted 2 or 3 days. My nurse sister and I thought that he had 5th's disease. I did not take him to the doctor because all of this took place during Christmas, and by the time the doctors were back in their offices, his fever was gone and he felt better even though the rash was still there. Now 3 weeks later, the skin on the palms of his hands are sloughing off. Any thoughts?

Some people (children and adults) suffer peeling skin on their hands and feet with strep throat.

Your children have had Kawasaki disease (mine had it a couple of years ago and it was a big, big scare). It is urgently important that you go back to the doctor and have him check your children's hearts. They blood vessels and the hart might have been damaged and you will never know unless you confirm now. The children should have taken the aspirin right after the disease was over to prevent any blood vessels inflamations.

Kawasali starts with high fever that would not go away for more than three days, then body rush comes on, (sometimes the eyes become red and there is a big redness in the throat or enlarged lymh nodes), and after that the peeling of skin on fingers.

My son is 2 and having same problem only he hasnt had any fever. took him to ped and he tested for scarlet fever (strep with a rash) but it was negative. We dont know what is wrong, but the peeling is so bad, big pieces on his feet. Dr says to watch it. cant be athletes foot because DR said it wouldnt go to the hands. if anyone has any ideas, please share

My son is 8 months old and his hands peels like he had a blister and his feet is doing the same thing. He just got over head to his feet with a rash all the way down. It started out small and on his face first then the next day it spreaded out worst. I took him to the doctor they said three kids came in with the same thing they test it and they said it was nothing so they gave him some liquid medicine and it went away like 4 days. Then the skin start peeling on his hands and feet. I would like to know what is this problem.

Does any of your kids have any kind of peeling in there mouth or welps on there tongue bc if they do that goes along with the hands and feet. And it could be hand, foot, mouth disease too if they have the mouth part as well. But if not then it sounds like fifths disease!!!!!!!!!

my son is almost 8 years old he just got over being sick for a couple of days his fever got up too 101.5 not horrible and all he complained about was a soar throat and headache . now its been about a week and his hands and feet are peeling really fast, its thick and hard, and his hands have a redness to them , thanks to all of your posts I am taking him into the doctors asap. I'll let y'all know what the doctors say.

Try to avoid socks with ANY colour at all on them.

Believe it or not (and I didn't! )my husband can't wear socks with any colour on them or he starts losing the skin on his feet, starting with the big toe area.

My son is 6 and it now has started with him. He had no fever, no fungus. Just started peeling off in chunks. It's a possibility I guess.

It certainly happens here. (and I refused to believe my husband and made him wear black socks on our wedding day. ha ha, he paid for it) It's almost like it starts to wrinkle (like when it gets wet for a long time)

my son had big pieces of skin peal off both his feet until they were very raw. After several trips to the doctor and no improvement we went to see a consultant dermatoloist. She diagnosed a form of exema called jevenille plantosis ( not sure of spelling) She prescribed EPADERM which you can buy over the counter.It was remarkable and disappeared in a week or so.We use when his skin flares up .Hope this helps