Hi, I have a mild pain for some time, and I went to doctor. He prescribed me lortab, but just a minute later, he was talking about hydrocoden. I am confused, because I don’t know why he was talking about two drugs, and prescribed me only one. What is the difference between hydrocoden and lortab?

He wasn’t talking about two drugs. Hydrocoden is actually the main ingredient in lortab. Hydrocodone is combined with acetaminophen, and that’s how drugs like lortab and vicodin are made. There are many more combinations. For exemple, hydrocodone in combination with aspirin gives lortab ASA, with ibuprofen gives vicoprofen, and in combination with antihistamines- hycomine. If you’re going to use this drug, you should also know something about the side effects. Some people had symptoms such as dizziness, nausea, sedation, light-headedness, constipation and vomiting. But effects of the overdose are even more serious. The symptoms of overdose are cold and clammy skin, extreme sleepiness, heart problems, kidney problems, heavy perspiration, low blood pressure and liver failure.