We have already discussed about the benefits of chemical peels. But there is no denying that these professional peels do not come cheap. I am going to show you how to make your own at home (very mild) inexpensive salicylic peel at home! This peel was popularized by Dr. Oz. This does not replace a professional treatment, but will help with minor breakouts and congestion of the skin. It will also help to soften and brighten your skin.
Things you will need :
- 4 aspirin tablets (non-coated one is preferred)
- 1 tsp of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Baking soda
- Cotton pads
- Crush up the 4 aspirin and combine it with the lemon juice.
- Using the cotton pad, apply it evenly across your face, avoiding the eye area.
- Leave on for 10 -15 minutes.
- Neutralize the acid by removing it with a cotton pad soaked in baking soda and cold water solution. Mild stinging while removing is normal.
- Follow up with a good moisturizer and avoid the sun for a day.
- Do not use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding or if you are allergic to aspirin.
- Do not use if you have Reyes syndrome.
- Always apply sunscreen after using any type of salicylic acid, since this will make you more sensitive to sun exposure.