Hello, folks. I have been lately feeling week, so I went to a doctor. I also felt some pain in kidney area. After testing, I was found anemia. I would like to know if I should be thinking about a cancer considering my condition. I would really appreciate your honest replies. Thanks.

Hi, there. Red blood cells are being produced under the influence of a hormone called erythropoietin. This hormone is produced in kidneys. When something serious happens to the kidney tissue, then there is a lack of erythropoietin and red blood cells. The anemia appears. However, it does not have to mean necessarily that you have cancer. I would rather say that you have glomerulonephritis. It is aseptic, bilateral, kidney inflammation. It is an autoimmune disease. In any case, you should visit a doctor and do some serious testing. Only then you can be sure.