my hemoglobin level is 117 is that a serious problem what can i do about it .

Your hemoglobin count is about 10 times normal. Yes, I would be a bit concerned. High hemoglobin count may occur because: ■Red blood cell production increases to compensate for low blood oxygen levels due to poor heart or lung function ■Your kidneys release too much of a protein (erythropoietin, or EPO) that enhances red blood cell production ■You've taken drugs that stimulate red blood cell production ■A bone marrow dysfunction results in an increased production of red blood cells ■Red blood cell production increases to compensate for a limited oxygen supply in higher altitudes I would have my doctor try and determine the cause.

High/elevated hemoglobin means that your body is trying to compensate for a lack of oxygen. This is a reaction to something else going on in your body, rather than a disease on its own. Causes of high hemoglobin levels include smoking, kidney problems, heart problems, and lung problems. So if you were suddenly told you have high hemoglobin and you don't know why, the next task is to find out what the cause is. Once your doctor finds that cause, the underlying problem can be treated, and this should lead your hemoglobin levels to go back to normal. 

Best of luck!

As per the Canadian Blood Services website: What are normal hemoglobin levels? Normal hemoglobin levels are different in women and in men. In non-pregnant women, normal hemoglobin ranges from 120 g/L to 160 g/L (12.0 g/dL to 16.0 g/dL). In men, normal hemoglobin levels range from 140 g/L to 180 g/L (14.0 g/dL to 18.0 g/dL).

my cell count is 117