Hello, folks. I noticed last night, while I was urinating, blood in my urine. I was afraid. I would like to know what it could be. I would appreciate it a lot if anyone from you could help me with this. This has never happened to me before. I would appreciate all your replies.

Hello to you too. Blood in urine can be caused by lots of factors. This is also known as haematuria. Infection of various parts of urinary pathways is the first thing that occurs to me. There is a test of urinating in three cups. If the blood appears in first one, then final parts of urinary tract is affected. If the blood appears in the third cup, then kidneys are likely to be affected. There are other causes as well. Trauma or tumors can be involved. Autoimmune diseases are also responsible. Some diseases that are not directly linked to kidney can also cause blood in urine. Those are: sickle cell disease, coagulation disorders, urinary calculi, etc. In any case, you should visit a doctor.