Hi, guys. My little brother has been hospitalized due to some low levels of his red blood cells. It is a form of anemia. As far as I understand, it is autoimmune hemolytic anemia. I must admit that I haven't heard about this type before, so I would appreciate if someone could give me more info.

Hi, there. Anaemia is indeed low levels of red blood cells. Autoimmune process is the one where immune system attacks the cells of organism. In the case of haemolytic anaemia, it attacks red blood cells. It is good that your brother is in hospital because he will get a proper care there. Since this is an autoimmune disease, he will probably get steroids. If the disease is mild, no treatment is required. However, he will need to have routine check-ups with the specialist. I hope everything will be all right. Bye!