Hi, folks. My friend suffers from kidney disease, I am not sure which one. I would like to know something more about magnesium supplements and their use in this kind of condition. I would appreciate if someone could reply me. Thank you in advance for all your replies. It will mean a lot to me.

Hi, there. Your friend should be careful. Kidneys play important role in magnesium removal. If they are diseased, this removal can be compromised. There is a risk of hypermagnesemia. That is why your friend should not take magnesium supplements on his own. He should consult with his nephrologists. I hope everything will be all right. Good luck with all! Bye!

Hello there George,

As piggy has already wrote your friend shouldn’t do anything on his own if he is suffering from any kind of kidney disease. It is unfortunate that you don’t know what is in question but nevertheless you should talk to him and let him know that he need to consult his doctor before taking any magnesium supplements on his own.

Anyway when our kidneys are not function properly our organism isn’t able to function properly. It is necessary to treat kidneys (maybe nothing serious is in question) and afterwards decide and determine which supplements your organism needs.

I hope that your friend is going to be better soon and he is lucky because you are concerned about him.