On March 7th 2008 my husband had a Anterior cervical corpectomy, diskectomies at C4-C5, C5-C6 and C6-C7. Bone Graft and cervical instrumentation from C4 to C7. 3 days after surgery he got a strep infection. We are now post op of more than 6 weeks. His voice is still not normal, he has difficulty breathing at night can't lay down any more, :'( also difficulty swallowing food and pills. They said it would only last 2 to 3 weeks. Will it get better??

Hi! I don't know if this will be any use to you this long after your post... I had 2-3, 3-4, 4-5, and 5-6 fused in July 2007. My voice hasn't ever recovered really - which is good because I have a legitimate excuse for telling the drummer I can't sing!

A contributing factor that was probably involved in my case and maybe not in your husband's... I've also had a few other surgeries involving my throat. Though none were nearly as invasive as the cervical fusion, they probably didn't help much.