Hello I am 16 years old and 2 weeks and 2 days ago I had hemorrhoid surgery to remove two external thrombosed hemorrhoids. Most pain has left me, but I have been unable to poop for the past week without laxatives and today and cannot poop at all even after drinking Magnesium Citrate. My original suspicion was that I was constipated but there is no way I am constipated because I take stool softeners twice daily and fiber supplement twice daily along with prunes and veggies throughout the day. I have been desperately trying to poop, and I believe my anus has swollen shut.

Any advice on what to do about this swelling? It is quite deep so I don't think I can put ice on it and I have been doing sitz baths several times a day with no results. I drank a whole 10oz bottle of Magnesium Citrate and still have not had a BM since I drank it 5 hours ago. I have managed to squeeze out very small amounts yesterday but the stool was not hard at all so I am definitely sure that the swelling is the cause.

Please help me, if I do not have a bowel movement by tomorrow I will go to urgent care, what can I expect if I can't have a BM and go there? I really hope I don't need another surgery since I've suffered enough with this one.

Thank You, Aleksa

What ended up happening to do you? I'm in a very Similiar spot right

Me too, im getting depressed.. Its been 10 days already and what I can push out is finger width macaroni...please let us know how you are doing :(

I had 2 internal and 1 external hemorrhoids removed the beginning of December. I developed anal stenosis. I was able to have a BM as long as I kept it soft (no more firm than pudding or soft-serve ice cream). I didn't realize it until a month after my surgery and I decided to try a glycerin suppository instead of the usual laxatives and I couldn't put it in. That's when I went back to my surgeon and insisted he actually look at my butt. In my previous "check ups" he just talked to me and kept telling me to give it time.

If your poop is already very soft, then you might have another problem. I think this only happens with internal hemorrhoids, but I'm not sure. You could also be having spasm that's preventing the poop from coming out. Call your doctor's office and describe in gory detail what's going on. I should have asked him for a real exam when I first thought something was wrong rather than just hoping he was right.

Good luck! I'm still trying to get my problem fixed without further surgery.