I’ve been married to my wife for 40 years now (we were highschool sweethearts) and there is no doubt in my heart how much I love her, but she’s been changing into completely different person once her menopause kicked in. It’s literally impossible for us to have anything resembling normal conversation - it always ends up in her yelling how I don’t understand her and don’t know anything. That’s why I was looking online for any support group for men who are in similar situation to mine. I figure at least I’ll get some understanding from someone experiencing the same menopause horror I am.

Dude, you can't blame all your disagreements and arguments on your wife and her menopause.  I mean, it's no wonder she's irritated with you!

I know it sounds like that, but it really isn't the case. I've been married to this woman for this long and we had far bigger disagreements in the past - this now is completely different thing. We've had our arguments in the past about our kid's education and life choices, but imagine yourself waking up every morning literally to screeching 'why didn't you buy drain cleaner', 'will you sleep all day'... etc. It wasn't like this before. And I don't blame my wife, I blame the female hormones.

See a marriage counselor then. Sounds like you need a mediator not a support group!

Well, if you haven't been in this situation than maybe you should think before commenting. I completely understand the poor guy - and I'm a female. My husband and I went through hell for about a year it took for my menopause to finally be over. You don't understand that rage messed up hormones bring has nothing to do with the other person: his wife is probably snappy to anyone who happens to be nearby. I know I were, and I hope you manage to get through this rough period. Just focus on the fact that this will pass.