Hello. I'm 50 years old female and about three years ago I entered in my menopause period. Believe me- you don’t have to be a doctor to tell when you are entering this period because the numerous symptoms you start to suffer from.
Some of these are low metabolism, instable blood sugar, water retention, hot flashes and vaginal dryness. I didn’t use any medications because I have heard that can cause several bad side effects. But the thing that is bothering me the most is the fact that I'm getting but-ugly. Believe me- it’s true. I got these deep lines in a face and my skin isn’t so smooth as it was before. Please tell me is this common and is there any sure?

I understand you completely because I have experienced almost the same symptoms when I was entering my menopause. It is a common menopause problems and almost every woman will experience it.
You see, I have used several body lotions and face creams but nothing could help me.
I talked with my doctor about this and he told me all this that it is a common menopause problem and that I could use some antioxidant pills to relieve my symptoms. So, I started taking them and the effect is already visible after two weeks of using. But, if you think that your youth with return- forget about it.
Beside these pills I recommend some mild hormone replacement therapy and of course, frequent face lifting treatments.

I am 56 years old and I recently entered my menopause. It is really ugly feeling, not this menopause, but all of those symptoms that I do have. I am still sexually active and I can't cope with the fact that I have a vaginal dryness during menopause, it is a huge issue for me. No lubricants were able to help me. My doctor explained to me that this is a lack of estrogen. I also have removed Bartholin's gland a couple of years ago because I had a constant problem with it and I think that this is also related, that this is also why I have this dryness. Is this possible? 

:-( to the 50 y/o w/menopause. am also 50 and separated for 10 years and wanted to get into a relationship, but after seeing how ugly and fat i've become it's useless. no man in his right mind would look at me ONCE! NO lotions, creams nothing works. i scare myself. why has God so damned women is beyond me. extremely depressed what reason is there 2 even live and have 2 look at myself become an old ugly tired dried up bag. men age so nice and go for young girls and i don't even blame them cause i sure suck. exercise doesn't help will lose 5-10 lbs and then it comes back. aging sucks. there should b research 4 a cure 4 menopause.

50 is horrid wish i dressed liked Beyounce when i was younger and hung out clubbin' more. if i knew 50 was going 2 b hell and i was going 2 b fat, ugly and disgustin' no lotion, cream nothin works life sucks now

ernaline wrote:

hi there you guys.. well.. im 51.. started menopause at about 44.....did a coupla years on hrt and now im off it... it hasnt stopped me.. listen about 6 months ago i got remarried after 12 years being divorced.. and i married a much younger man.....nobody believes im in my 50s.. the secret is a good skin cream and keep out of the sun, as for getting fat.. ive definitely put weight on but i go to the gym and it is possible to tighten up that belly and butt to have anice curvy shape.. Im starting to get a few crows fee round the eyes.. but just wear your hair loose and long or wear glasses !!! seriously though... it doesnt have to be horrid... life begins at 50. its all about being positive and having a sexy attitude . dress like beyonce if you want to...do what you like.. who says you cant be sexy at 50 anyway? Come on you guys get a grip !!!

Were you ladies who gained weight always on the thicker side anyway? I've always been thin and have had a few bulges show up but i had my kid later in life and its more like the baby weight i battled a few years ago came right back as i got into my mid 40s. but it does respond to combination diet and excercise. notice i have to stay vigilante. thing is am not noticing such side affects, skin is still in good shape thank god its just that i feel achy all over and lethargic like never before. i may look good, but feel like im sick and dying. i guess it gets you one way or another ehh?

Your not alone! Skin loosness and sagging is caused by changes in collageneous and elastic fibers due to estrogen loss. Fortunately there is a face cream serum developed just for us. Its called Pause Hydra creme by Phytomone 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Cod liver oil gel caps moisturize from with in.wear lingerie in bed burn soft candles hes not looking at you as much as you think to prove it ask him what color are your eyes lol

I'm also a 50 year old female.  I know that I'm not so cute anymore as I once was but I've decided to just go with it! There is nothing you can do to turn back the hands of time. I use to win every beauty contest I entered, I had a body to die for but it's GONE. I've decided it will only get worse and life is short so be thankful for those 50 years of life I'm not saying we should do it gracefully, I too want to look better and I  learned about a facial product called #7 by boots. If you want to feel better and make your skin look better, just try it. I use the microderm abbrasition, the serum and the night cream.  I can see major results and it's not expensive at all. I saw it on Dr. Phil of all places.  I found a great exercise glass with women my age and  I go three times a week and make time for myself. I never lose a pound but I do it anyway!  Just get up everymorning and be proud of what you see in the mirror. You have worked hard for those wrinkles.  Put on younger looking clothes and wear cute stuff around the house like under armour work out gear or something young even pretty PJ's  and always keep a cute haircut, drinks lots of water and it also makes your skin look fuller and hydrated. Ladies We not not have another 50 years so enjoy it!!

Lets make the best of it!!!

If its any consolation Hun you are definitely not alone. I have just turned 50 and have all the same symptoms as your good self. I have been so depressed that I finally hit rock bottom. I wouldnt go out of the front door!!
I am going to stop being so hard on myself and start shifting the pounds. Thats a tall order when your in constant pain with fibromyalgia but its possible to lose weight without exercise so I am going to do my best. Doing something about it as least gives me hope.

I agree, 50 is NOT the new 40!!

I agree, 50 is NOT the new 40!! I started going through peri-menopause in my very early 40's, I've been on HRT now for about 14 years, (I'm 58 now) as crappy as I feel and look I'd hate to think of what I would be like if I wasn't on them! Unfortunately I was a sun worshipper for over 25 years starting at 12 years old, I'm a light skinned red head. Needless to say fine lines started to show in my late 30's, by my late 40's wrinkles like a 60 year old. Menopause has not helped. I've been to a dermatologist, only thing to help is laser surgery. In my mind I still feel like I'm in my 30's but looking in the mirror it's like, OH my God, I've turned into my mother!!!! Menopause has changed my whole body!! I used to have a regular round bottom, about 2 years ago I noticed my jeans didn't fit right, my butt was going flat! Now it's so flat I can't believe it! I have that crepe skin that "old" people get, I told my husband if anyone would have told me these things would happen to my body this early I would never have believed them!!! But not much you can do about it, I keep moving by walking and going to a therapy pool for my fibromyalgia, I make sure to spend lot's of "girl time" with my friends and we vent a lot. There's no two ways about it, unless you are wealthy and can afford all the treatments, what aging does to your body SUCKS!

You rock. This is what women need to hear. I am 49 and divorced. I've started a new relationship. When we argue, I get my faults thrown at me. It hurt for a long time but then I thought, hey, we all get wrinkled, old and die. Men too. Sure men that are handsome to start with just get more gorgeous. Unfortunately, beauty in a women is almost always perceived by age. Once you lose that girly look, you just look old. Not fair God. We bare the pain of childbirth. Breastfeeding. Last night I had an epiphany... and I hope by sharing it here it will make other women stand up and feel good about themselves. My partner, in full flight of argument, called me a pre-menopausal b***h. I replied ýes'. that is a natural state of life for a women. We are still who we are. It just means we no longer can have babies. He said that once I started menopause I would start to look masculine. True? I don't know. My breasts don't sit where they used to, my jowls are present, my eyes look tired. I could go out and fix all of that but he can't grow hair so there you go. I have lived. I have raised a family. I've worked hard. I'm a good and interesting person. I wasn't born looking 49. I am on a life journey. That's what we are here for. I look in the mirror and see a 49 yr old women. I am a size 8. I have thick hair, I have big eyes but I am a 49 yr old women. I told him... if a man of 50 thinks he can lure a women half his age then he better have a lot of money. Why else would you bother. For the first time since my divorce, I'm starting to like myself physically again. And I don't give a rats what some man with delusions of whatever says to me. If I need HRT to help me along then bring it on. But I know I won't go bald hahaha Ageing isn't pretty, but beauty is superficial. Beauty is in the soul, the smile, the actions, the compassion, the humour... Fix, tweak what you can afford to do, eat well, exercise and love yourself. x

I,unfortunately know exactly how you feel. I hate everything about me, "who am I "I have wrinkles, The flushes are driving me crazy, I feel damp and dirty always. I feel as if I cannot smile any more, sad and not one of my family understand, as for my husband, he just thinks I'm a moan so now I say nothing, Sex, what is sex? I can't stand the sight of myself so there's no way I'm letting anyone else see me(husband) , I did go to GP, and was quite prepared to go on HRT, much against what I had thought but I just want to feel "me" again, the one thing I don't miss is my period ,but , I'm even prepared to take these back to get a full nights sleep.I believe it gets worse, OMG help!!!!!!!