Hi, I am suffering from cystic fibrosis. I am going through a hard time. My parents and friends are giving me all of their support, but it is just not enough. Don't get me wrong, I think that they are great and I don't know what I would do without them. The thing is that I feel that they don't really understand what I am going through, because they don't have cystic fibrosis. I would like to talk with someone who shares the same problems. Are there some support groups for people with cystic fibrosis?

Hi, I am sorry that you are dealing with condition as serious as cystic fibrosis. I know that no matter how much support you are getting from your family, sometimes you feel like you are all alone. Cystic fibrosis is not just affecting your body: it has a great influence on your mind as well. And being around the people who are perfectly healthy is not helping. That is why going to the support group meetings will be a good thing for you. There you can share your experience with people who are going through the same trouble as you. This will help you tremendously with your confidence and restore your faith. Talk to your doctor about your feelings and ask him if there is a support group in your town. I am sure that he will have the best information about this problem.