Hi, my wife wants to divorce me. She says that she can not put up with my paranoia any more. I think that she over exaggerates and that I am not at all paranoid. I know for a fact that she is cheating on me. I have followed her and saw her talking to some men. However, she says that it would be better for us to use a mediator, than to go to court. Did you have any experience with mediation?

Hi, I can tell you that mediation is a great thing. It has changed my life. Like you I was also very suspicious about my wife's behavior. I used to follow her around the city so I could get evidence that she is cheating on me. When she stopped to talk to someone, I would immediately come up with some kind of idea that she is plotting something against me. In time she got fed up with my ideas and asked for a divorce. We also used a mediator. This was the best thing that could have happened to me, because mediation helped me with my paranoia. Whenever I would display my "hard evidence" against my wife, the mediator had a reasonable explanation that would destroy my "case". Eventually I understood how paranoid I really was. I am sure that mediation helped me more than any therapist would. In the end we made up and continued with the normal life. You should try it too. After all what have you got to lose?