Hi, this is my first time on forum. I was hoping to get some answers about the effects of Aronia Berries . It is fairly new but they say Aronia is really healthy and may prevent cancer. I started drinking it two months ago and i have been experiencing some side effects. Like, when i drink it i loose my appetite and my stomach feels like i ate sand and i have a feeling my stomach is twisted. Anyone has these problems? And the other day i felt like vomiting after trying it. I am puzzled by this, how can it be healthy when it making me feel this way? Any suggestions? 

Sorry to hear about your discomfort! I have A. melanocarpa bushes of my own and have eaten handsful right off the bush as well as 1/2 cup with cereal, or up to 1 cup in a 1/2 gallon smoothie mixture. I have noticed some appetite suppression, but increased energy, so was OK with that.

My first thought is "How much are you drinking?" and "Are you eating anything else with the juice?" If not, try using the juice in a smoothie or with a slice of bread. Juice is often very concentrated and I would expect similar results with many other juices if drank"straight" in large quantities. Also, if you are taking ANY medications, you should discuss interactions with your doctor.

Best wishes,

C

I think you use more than 50ml per day, that is the problem, reduce it with 1 table spoon a day.

re:Aronia

Yes, I have also felt that heavy feeling...and I was drinking about 20 oz.s/day of about 2 tsp aroniz powder in about 4 oz.s juice and 18 oz.s or so of water....sipping on through the day.

That was about for 2 years. Stopped about 9 months ago when i was tossing my cookies every other night when I got home from work. Now, I am 'better" but not all better, abdominal discomfort every day....thought it was going away!  Tossed cookies 2 nights ago after egg foo young and chop suey dinner.  What is the problem?  Have seen many health professionals in the natural healing field.  No one has the answer. next one will be a specialist in digestive disorders, all natural...does saliva test and bolld tests also.  Hope this gives me the answer. 

egg foo young and chop suey for dinner and you blame the berry? Maybe see a nutritionist first. fresh veg and fruit need to be 80% of your daily intake and that will get rid of 80% or more of digestive disorders.... good luck

I get terrible gas and explosive diarrhea from aronia juice.

It definitely is the Aronia juice! I just drank about 4 ounces and threw up! I can not drink more than an ounce.

I was hospitalised last friday over night. My blood pressure was low and i passed out at home, i also had bradycardia. I had being drinking aronia tea and a rosehip tea for six weeks previously. The rosehip tea also contained hawthorn. I have pre-existing heart condition that my heart sometimes has non threatening tachycardia [svt]. When blood pressure drops i feel really sick, it feels like i have drunk 3 litres of cider, really dizzy and sick. Reading up on aronia [google scholar not ordinary search engines] it acts like ACE-inhibitors that are used to reduce blood pressure. I know if you eat hawthorn and are on ACE-I your blood pressure can crash and it can cause bradycardia. I did say to the doctor that I had being drinking aronia tea, but he was general emergency doctor and he said he didnt know anything about herbal medicines. My heart rate is sensitive to toxins like caffeine and alcohol. I have gone bought a blood pressure and heart rate monitor, and i staying off the aronia. My husband feels great drink it. Some people are more sensitive to ACE-inhibitors and some people are sensitive to hawthorn causing bradycardia. I cant find anything online where there has being a blood pressure collapse due to aronia.

Me too!!!! I don’t want to stop but can’t afford to be at work and have this happen.