Hello everyone. My friend's husband came back from the war a couple of weeks ago. He hates this job but he needed to go there. He was in Afghanistan and I think that he is still recovering from this stress. Because of this stress he was diagnosed with cardiomegaly and that was the main reason why they sent him home. That is fine because she was losing her mind. She is losing her mind now as well, but at least he is with her. He will be treated by his doctor, but I was wondering are there any home remedies for treating caridomegaly? 

Hey Make Me Coffee,

An enlarged heart (cardiomegaly) isn't a disease, but rather a symptom of another condition.

The term "cardiomegaly" most commonly refers to an enlarged heart seen on a chest X-ray. Other tests are then needed to diagnose the condition causing your enlarged heart.

You may develop an enlarged heart temporarily because of a stress on your body, such as pregnancy, or because of a medical condition, such as the weakening of the heart muscle, coronary artery disease, heart valve problems or abnormal heart rhythms.

An enlarged heart may be treatable by correcting the cause. Treatment for an enlarged heart can include medications, medical procedures or surgery.

Hi guys,

I think that Health n Joy is right, cardiomegaly, or an enlarged heart, is just a symptom of another condition. Treatments for an enlarged heart focus on correcting the cause.

If cardiomyopathy or another type of heart condition is to blame for his enlarged heart, his doctor may recommend some of the following medications: diuretics, Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors, Angiotensin receptor blockers (ARBs), beta blockers, digoxin, anticoagulants, or Anti-arrhythmics.

Like I said, it all comes down to what other condition is causing his heart to become enlarged. Once he figures that out, it is going to be easy to treat this.

There are ways to improve his condition, even though he can't cure it. His doctor is probably going to recommend the following lifestyle changes:

Quit smoking.
Lose excess weight.
Limit salt in his diet.
Control diabetes.
Monitor his blood pressure.
Get modest exercise, after discussing with his doctor the most appropriate program of physical activity.
Avoid or eliminate alcohol and caffeine.
Try to sleep eight hours nightly.

These are probably all of the, let's say home remedies that I know of and which would be of help to him. Quitting smoking is in the first place because it is the most important one.

He should tell his doctor if he has a family history of conditions that can cause an enlarged heart, such as cardiomyopathy. If cardiomyopathy or other heart conditions are diagnosed early, treatments may prevent the disease from worsening.

Controlling risk factors for coronary artery disease — tobacco use, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and diabetes — helps to reduce his risk of an enlarged heart and heart failure by reducing his risk of heart attack. He can help reduce his chance of developing heart failure by eating a healthy diet and not abusing alcohol or cocaine. Controlling high blood pressure with diet, exercise and possibly medications also prevents many people who have an enlarged heart from developing heart failure.

Good day everyone. Look, Make me coffee, this issue should definitely be maintained by the control of your doctor. But of course, there are a lot of remedies that can help him control enlarged heart. For example, you should definitely add turmeric to your diet program, because turmeric is known for its healing properties. Including turmeric in your diet helps heal an enlarged heart significantly and lets it return back to the normal size. Curcumin that is present in turmeric is highly effective in preventing heart failure and curing an enlarged heart. It possesses ability to make a major switch at chromosome source where lies high chances of heart enlargement are on. Mix turmeric in some warm water and drink the liquid every day. It is also tasty. Good luck.

Hi folks.  The best medicine ever is green tea. I am using it everyday, but I also have heard that is amazing when you have problems with enlarged heart. Also, green tea is extremely effective in regulating cholesterol levels. It also flushes out unwanted toxins from our body and makes it healthier in general. Drinking green tea regularly is helpful in managing weight issues too. All of the above traits of green tea make it a useful remedy for enlargement of heart. Green tea also reduces blood pressure levels. I won’t even tell you how easy is preparing green tea so you don’t have excuses to avoid drinking it.

Hello guys. Thank you so much! I really was not able to help her because I don't know that much about enlarged heart, but I am learning a little bit about this now. And I didn't know that those medications can be that helpful, those home remedies. For example, I am drinking green tea almost my whole life and I did know that this type of tea has so many good benefits, and I didn't have a clue that it can help in treating cardiomegaly. It is so simple, but so effective, right? Any other remedies that you know? Tnx!