I know for every cell, there are a time to live and a time to die. However, I have never been thinking about ways how is that going to happen. One friend of mine told me it is called apoptosis. I would like to hear more about this, because I am interested into biology of human cells. I want to hear more about this process called apoptosis.

You have to know there are two ways in which cells die. They are killed by injurious agents, or they could be induced to commit suicide. Cells that are damaged by injury, such as by mechanical damage or exposure to toxic chemicals must die. Cells that are induced to commit suicide usually shrink, and develop bubble-like blebs on their surface. These cells have the chromatin, or DNA and protein, in their nucleus degraded, as well as they have their mitochondria break down with the release of cytochrome c. Important is to understand cells break into small, membrane-wrapped, fragments. In this moment, the phospholipid phosphatidylserine, which is normally hidden within the plasma membrane, is exposed on the surface. This is bound by receptors on phagocytic cells like macrophages and dendritic cells, which then secrete cytokines that inhibit inflammation. The pattern of events in death by suicide is so orderly that the process is often called programmed cell death. Programmed cell death you are interested into is also called apoptosis, which you already knew.