what is the difference between apoptosis and necrosis? What triggers each process?

Cells die through either of two distinct processes: necrosis or apoptosis. Necrosis is death due to unexpected and accidental cell damage. A number of toxic chemical or physical events can cause necrosis: toxins, radiation, heat, trauma, lack of oxygen due the blockage of blood flow, etc.

Apoptosis is sometimes called programmed cell death.

Apoptosis originally referred to the process by which leaves falls from trees in the autumn, but it has been adapted to describe this type of non-traumatic cell death.

Apoptosis is a way to remove unwanted cells. During apoptosis, cellular contents are not released and inflammation does not occur.

The apoptotic cells are rapidly engulfed by their neighbors an removed.

Hello very,

Since TheGeeze has already answered your question there is no need in repeating the same words but I would like to ask are you interested to know this terminology or someone or you are having problem with accidental cell damage which as a consequence have necrosis.

Since there are various reasons for necrosis I presume that you just wanted to know how to avoid something terrible as this condition but I believe that you are only curios or at least I hope that you are.

Also, one of my friends cousins had necrosis of the big thumb due to the blockage of blood flow and in the end they had to remove his big thumb. If you have any additional questions let me know.