Yesterday morning I noticed a sporadic buzzing (like a phone on vibrate) sensation on the right hand side of my chest and thought little of it but it increased in severity and frequency and is now almost non stop. I feel generally well apart from feeling anxious about this strange new sensation.

I've been reading other forums and 'Ask a Doctor' sites but none of the doctors seem to be able to pinpoint any consistent thing. My Doc says on the phone that I must be reassured it is surely nothing but come in anyway in a few days and some one will have a listen.

Maybe Im getting carried away but I am SURE it is connected with something new in my heart. Im 36, female, very healthy (I hope) although sedentary job, and terribly sleep deprived with two small children.

If anyone has any notion what it could be - endocrinal / electrolytic / heart murmur / high blood pressure / arrythmia whatever, PLEASE share!

I was wondering if you ever found out anything on the buzzing sensation you were having in your heart? I noticed I am experiencing the same thing. It started about 4 days ago. The sensation lasts for about 5 seconds and they come now about 3-5 min. apart. I guess I have to call the Doc.

I have the same problem. About a month ago I kept reaching for my cell phone because I felt a 2-3 second vibration in my right shirt pocket. There was no phone. It has not gone away but doesn't seem to be getting worse. I am in good shape but I smoke.

Has anyone with this problem found anything out? This has been going on sporadically for me for at least 6 months. I am not having any luck finding out information on my own. THANKS!

Well at least I am not alone I started to get a chest vibration, yesterday, I have an appointment for tomorrow to see a heart specialist, it seems there are no correct answers online, and I will look to the doctor to help. There isnt any pain , however the feeling of having a cell phone underyour ribs, that doesnt seem to be connected to heart rate, breathing or muscle is worrysome to me.

This is happening to me now. I noticed it first several days ago and at first didn't quite realize what was going on. It is very subtle. But it has been increasing and right now it is happening over and over. It is under my right breast and yeah, it just feels like a very light vibration. It is short, no pain, no faintness. Just this buzz. I am thinking it must have to do with the heart's electrical system, which is very worrisome, obviously. My father had to have a pacemaker from some time in his 70s on, and I am turning 65 this June. I have had a stent in my LAD 10 years ago and no recurrence of anything, but this is obviously bothersome. What all have you all found out ???????

Hi:
Stress gets my vote here. Sleep deprivation will do strange things to you. The effects of sleep deprivation have been compared to intoxication. Both of these things will make your heart beat faster...perhaps palpitations...all kinds of things. Of course, you should have an ekg done asap, just in case something else is going on. Some things you can do in regards to managing your stress and time with 2 small children are....Sleep when they nap...Don't be like me...I wanted to get my house clean and everything else when my kids were napping. As a result, I was exhausted when then woke up.....energized! Utilize family members when you need some "me" time. I know that's probably a foreign concept, but it means time alone with you. :-) Schedule your me time and stick to it. Have the children on a schedule, which includes bedtime before 8:00 and stick to it. All of these things could make a tremendous difference for you...Share your experiences with us as you deal with your situation. I'm sure your stories will help someone else in our community....:-)

I'm experiencing the same exact thing (along with various other symptoms) and my GP is basically putting me off b/c he thinks it's all anxiety related. For me, it's the symptoms that cause the anxiety... not the anxiety that causes the symptoms. I mean, if you're feeling sick and don't know what's going on, wouldn't you start to worry?

Last week, the vibrations seemed to have been in my head but this week, it feels like it's in my chest and back. I get the "hot flashes" in my arm too which is weird. I have pain in my upper back as well but that is tolerable. With my chest and back, when I'm laying on my back I feel as though my body is vibrating like a cell phone. I also feel it near my heart which makes me nervous. The vibrations/buzzing doesn't hurt but is quite annoying and uncomfortable.

I saw a cardiologist one year ago and have had 3 EKG's this year that all came back normal so my GP hasn't referred me back to the cardiologist. I know they say anxiety and stress can have a great impact on the body and show this in many ways but even when I'm relaxed I get these symptoms.

I had recently been experiencing the same "buzzing" in my left chest that others have described and it was increasing with frequency as the weeks went by. I read this and other forums on line and decided to try an experiment. I discontinued the consumption of beverages that contain caffiene. The buzzing was gone within 48 hours and it has not returned. It has been nearly 2 weeks.

I have felt the same way, at first it started in my right leg. I wear pants with cargo pokets for work and at first thought it was my cell phone ringing on vibrate in my cargo pocket. Then it started in my right breast where i dont keep my phone. The vibration from the phone is the closet thing iv been able to compare it to. But recently i have been feeling a pinpointable burning feeling in my right breast along with the vibrating. Today at work i got clamy and shaky kinda light headed. Im only 28 years old and a guy so i keep pushing it off as it being nothing or just in my head and woried people might think im crazy so i do nothing. I think i might check in to it though and hope i as well as you all find some answers.

UGH! I am now having the exact same issue in my right breast, and it is the exact same vibration as my cell phone on off on off on off on off, then goes away for a minute only to return. I was really starting to freak out, but the more I read about it online, the more it seems stress related. Though I do not drink anything with caffeine, I believe my life has taken a stressful turn in the last few weeks. Please, if anyone has answers on this, POST! I hope it is only stress, and don't have healthcare to go to a doctor to check this out.

Thank you all for sharing!

Has anyone ever considered maybe the reason nobody has found out what is causing this is because the person posting is now 6 feet under? Go see the Doc before it's too late. o.O

The whole buzzing in the chest thing is a chest infection of sorts. Either pneumonia or Bronchitis. I happen to have Pneumonia so I took some medication from the pharmacy over here and I havent had the buzzing in the chest ever since :-). Talk to a doctor.

I've been experiencing this vibration for a few days. The normal reaction seems to be that you think it's your cell phone, but it isn't. It's strange but not painful. But no one seems to know what the actual explanation is - besides stress. I just had a Bells Palsy incident a few weeks ago, and hope it's not something more serious. I am off the to Neuroscience Center tomorrow and perhap s I can get some feedback there.

My girlfriend said she experienced the buzzing in her whole body when she discontinued some pain meds she was on.