I am a 20yr old female who is suffering from constant nausea. It is everyday rain or shine, whether I eat or not, no matter what I eat. It's been almost a year since it's started. Along with the nausea, I have diarrhea at least 2-3 times a week. I've had 3 blood tests, an endoscopy and a gall bladder ultrasound. I've been to 3 doctors including a stomach specialist who had absolutely no idea what was wrong with me, and a holistic doctor who gave me supplements which haven't done much. I'm on Zantac 150mg and Protonix daily for acid reflux, without taking them I feel absolutely horrible but they don't make me feel like normal at all. This is taking over my life, i've lost weight,I have to eat bland, plain food. I hate being in public places because I always feel sick and I need to know where the nearest bathroom is. I have so much anxiety because of this. My purse looks like a medicine cabinet, I carry Imodium AD, Pepto Bismol, Tums, and Phenergan with me at all times, most of which I have to use daily because I feel horrible. I'm pretty sure I have IBS because my mom has it and the diarrhea symptoms are the same as hers. I am lactose intolorant but I know that isn't the cause because I have completely cut dairy out of my diet for the past 4-5 months. The nausea is ruining my life, I have a fear of throwing up as well. Can anyone give me some ideas on what this is?

It seems to me that you are having a diarrhea that is lasting for more than few days. This is a good enough reason for you to go to your doctor. Diarrhea is a watery stool occurring more than three times in one day. It is a common problem that usually lasts a day or two. Prolonged diarrhea can be a sign of other problems and it can cause dehydration. This means that the body lacks enough fluid to function properly and dehydration is particularly dangerous in children and the elderly. Most common causes of diarrhea are: bacterial and viral infections, intolerance to certain food, parasites, some medications etc. Some people develop diarrhea after stomach surgery or removal of the gallbladder and in many cases the cause of diarrhea cannot be found. Diarrhea may be accompanied by cramping abdominal pain, bloating, nausea, or an urgent need to use the bathroom and depending on the cause a person may have a fever or bloody stools. Usually, replacing lost fluid to prevent dehydration is the only treatment necessary. Hope that you will take my advice and go to your doctor.

Obviously the person that replied to the post does not have the mental capacity to comprehend. Do you think the person took her owm blood samples, did her own endoscopy and gall bladder test... or perhaps she had these done at Quick Trip... Or possible she went to a doctor.. Why bother replying with such a long message if you dont read the post you are replying to?

i feel your pain ive had constant nausea and diarrhea for 6 years now and also have a intense fear of vomiting. i wish i could fin help too.

hi it sounds like ur suffering from a form of emetaphobia this is a fear of vomiting and it can make u actually believe ur ill!!! i know as what ur describing is exactly what ive been goin through for the last 10years of my life!!!you see i had diarreah...through the nerves then because i was having diareah it made me nervous to go out in public and this made me feel sick...then i was scared to feel sick incase i was sick in public...so i hated goin out!!! this horrid cycle continued...until i got some help through hypnotheraphy,anti-sickness pills and cognative behaveral therapy...a mixture of these has helped to calm me...i still have bad days.But if theres no medical problems they can find,then its most likely psycological? its worth trying out some of the techniques i mentioned also try some pepermint oil,or ibs pills for the bowels as if you have ibs like me,this can make you feel extremely nausious!!! and mentally stressed!!i mean the constant pills in ur bag...looking for a loo...trust me ive been there!!!lol...well i wont go on anymore, hope i helped you a little?

hi every one i am a fifteen year old male i just wanted to post a recent "study" of mine i have found out,over the internet, that these problems may be a disease called Chronic Disease and these symptoms are usually found in this disease and i know what every ones thinking yeah hey whats this kid know he's only fifteen but yeah i may bee fifteen but i got this information from about 5-6 different sites that all were either a doctors site or a site focused on this disease or a site focused on health but that's all of the subject i have found out that the symptoms of this are , constant diarrhea , bloody stool, and lots of others but if you really want to know all the symptoms then just Google chronic s disease. thanks for reading this !PcE!

Well I don't know if his helps, but I had an endoscopy about 2 months ago and was diagnosed with gastroparesis which is a slow emptying of the stomach because of a damaged stomach nerve. It was only by chance that they found this disorder through my endoscopy because it sometimes occurs and other times I am perfectly fine. During my endoscopy they touched the sides of my stomach and normal stomachs go crazy and contract, but mine just sat there. I too, also have IBS as well. I know there is a barium test that can be done if this is suspected. Or perhaps you can consider another endoscopy. This is just a thought.

Guest wrote:

I think that this is a good hunch and I think that it might be worth investigating for someone who is suffering from something like this. I don't think that a lot of people know about gastroparesis and that might help offers some insight into problems that some people might be having so that's good to know. Does anyone think this might be a possibliitly?

Wow!! I didnt think there was anyone else that has been feeling like I feel. I have had the same symptons myslef for about a year - upset tummy, nausea and diarehhea. I went to the doctores and had blood tests to see if i was alergic to any foods and everything came back negative and the doactor told me he didnt know what it is and said it must be in my head. In the passt i have suffered a little bit from anxiety and stree but nothing that i thought would make me feel physically ill. Im positive its not in my head and that it is a mediacal thing. If you find out what it is please let me know. im so sick of feeling sick and tired all the times. Its exhausting.

It sounds a lot to me like it was anxiety but I know that's not what you wan tto hear. For some of you it may be a different medical issue but anxiety can make you feel nausea, diarrhea and upset stomach. Frequently in fact. After I went to therapy for a year, it actually improved my digestion. Does that makes sense?

Hi. I am a sixteen year old with very similar symptoms. I always have nausea and diarrhea up to three times a day. I was diagnosed with Celiacs disease about a year ago and would suggest all of you to look into it. It is an intolerance to gluten (wheat, oats, barley and rye) and actually kills the villi in your stomach. I was feeling better almost instantly after changing my diet. Symptoms are coming back though which is worrying but ive recently done a biopsy and colonoscopy and am currently waiting for the results.

I had diaherra, nausea, weight loss, body aches for about 6 months. The only time that I felt better during that time was when I was on anti-biotics for a bladder infection. Went to several doctors, had CT scans, blood tests, etc. I finally googled antibiotics and intestines and came up with Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth. Read some articles about it. I went on antibiotics for 10 days, stayed away from carbohydrates and take a probiotic every day. I feel great. Hope this may help.

I have the same thing going on. Have put off going to doctor for months now. Am going to try and go tomorrow. Is horrible, and wish I just knew why. I suppose I have a lot of ruling out of stuff first...am a bit scared about it though...

I had the same thing. I had a test done to see if i had bacteria overgrowth! It was that and they treated me. Although that helped my symptoms wouldnt go away! I then realized it was my birth control. I was allergic to a certain hormone in the birth control. I would suggest getting off it if you are on some. It worked for me, i hope it works for you. I was sick for almost 2 years and it was aweful! i hope you feel better.

Iam a 25 year old female and I have these exact same symptoms, i feel nausea and all the time and have diarrhea almost every day. Its been going on for 3 years now, the doctor just said it was mild IBS, then sent me on my way with anti-sickness and anti-diarrhea tablets which just make things worse. I really hope we can find out the cause of these symptoms, i'm getting so tired of living like this. :-(