My daughter has extremely painful pms and doctor prescribed her aprozalam. She’s 21. I know that it is primarily used for treating anxiety. How can it help in pms? I’m thinking about its addiction potential. Am not sure that it would be good for her to have it. But there’s no pain killer that can help her in pms and during period.

Alprazolam is used for short term relief. I also had same problems that didn’t know which drug to use that I haven’t already, and what amount of pills for pain relief am allowed to take. Then my doctor suggested me to try with xanax and it worked. It belongs to class of benzodiazepines which have effect in muscle relaxation. It is primarily used as antianxiety drug, but it is not unusual to be used in extremely painful pms. It has potential of addiction, but that didn’t happen to me.