I am 40 years old and I have problems with ejaculation. At the same time, I suffer from strong insomnia. Doctor prescribed me with Xanax. Unfortunately, during the last visit to a doctors, I did not inform him about my new problem, thinking that it is not related at all. I have noticed some changes (premature ejaculation) so I need to know do benzodiazepines like Xanax help delay ejaculation.

Unfortunately, I have to say there is s a connection between benzodiazepines and ejaculation. Benzodiazepines are a big group of medications, they have many effects, including the fact they have hypnotic effect. They induce relaxation of muscles, they have analgesic effect. Also, they affect the sex drive and also could lead to premature ejaculation.

Hello there,

As the poster above me has already informed you there is connection between Xanax and your problem, so my advice to you is to visit your doctor again and inform him about your problem. After that you can find some good solution together. I presume that he will exchange your medication with some other, and maybe you can try to deal with insomnia in natural way. My sister is suffering from panic attacks and she has trouble with sleeping as well. At first she was taking medications but she was like a zombie after waking up. So she started to drink some herbal tea and it helped her a lot.

I hope this will help you as well.