Hello, folks. I am in my first trimester of pregnancy. Some skin rash appeared and as far as I know, antihistamines are good for different kind of allergies. However, since I am pregnant, I wonder whether histamines are OK to use in the first trimester of pregnancy or not. I would really appreciate honest tips.

Hello. There are many medications that are not proven to be dangerous during the pregnancy. However, they are not proven to be harmless as well. Antihistamines are such group of medications. In that case, doctors advise precaution. If the risk of not taking a drug is higher than the risk of taking it for the pregnancy, then one is advised to take a certain medication. I don’t know how serious your condition is. You should definitely consult with a doctor. He will give you a correct advice. I hope everything will be all right. Bye!