Hello, folks. My sister got pregnant after several years of trying and I would like to take special care of her. I would like to hear something about benefits of taking herbal tea during pregnancy. Are you for that option or against? I would really appreciate your honest replies and opinions. Thanks.

Hi, there. There are some opposite opinions when talking about taking herbal teas during pregnancy. Herbal teas can be good since they have additional nutritive substances for pregnant woman such as magnesium, iron and calcium. On the other hand, professionals are not sure about effects of all the herbs, so they advise caution when drinking these teas in pregnancy. Herbal teas are made from roots, flowers, berries, seeds and leaves. It is a general opinion that herbal teas that are not made commercially are not safe. Also teas with large amounts of herbs are also considered dangerous. Of course, if the tea contains a toxic herb, he is not definitely for consuming. Red raspberry seems to be very good for preventing pregnancy complications. I hope I’ve helped you with info. Good luck!