Hello, folks. I am in my first trimester of pregnancy. I must admit that I feel a lot of morning sickness. In order to relieve this sickness, I am thinking of taking Compazine. I would like to know whether this drug is safe for using in pregnancy. What can you tell me about this? I would gladly hear out your opinion. Thanks.

Hello. Compazine or prochlorperazine is a drug that is used for treating vomiting, but schizophrenia as well. It acts by blocking the effects of dopamine in a brain. As far as I know, it is safe for use in pregnancy. However, before using it, consult with your obstetrician. You should do that before take any medication, especially in pregnancy. It can interact with other medications, so that is another reason for consulting a doctor. I hope everything will be all right. Please, let me know what your doctor told you. Bye!