Hello! I have noticed at my local supermarket that brown eggs cost more than the white ones, and it puzzled me. I therefore asked the shop assistant why it is so and received an answer that confused me even more. The assistant told me that brown eggs are healthier than white ones. I was a bit surprised I have never heard it before. I would really like to know if this is true. Are brown eggs healthier alternative to white eggs?

Hello! I think that it is not true. I was raised on the farm and we had both white and brown eggs depending on the color of the hen that laid it. They were all fed the same and white hens laid white eggs, brown hens laid brown eggs. We even had mixed color hens and some of them laid white eggs and others brown eggs. The taste of the eggs was always the same, and we sold them at the same price. I think that there is no difference except in color of the shell.

Hi! I agree that the only difference is in the color of the shell. I have read an official study that says that the color of the shell has nothing to do with egg quality, nutritional value or flavor. I think that the myth of the brown eggs being healthier than white ones is put forward by the sellers only to justify the higher price. They just want more money in their pockets. Maybe someone else thinks differently and can justify the higher price?

Hi...

Ya brown egg contains more protiens.vitamins than the white one so it is very costly and rare one