I was just recently diagnosed with psoriasis and I’m just now figuring what I is triggering my psoriasis to get worse (for now I have spots on my forearms and very nasty one on my left elbow). I’m trying to eliminate stress as much as I can and by reading experiences from other people I figured out that I need to start changing my diet because some foods trigger psoriasis flare ups. Since I’m also on a diet to lose some weight, I eat only egg whites for breakfast, with whole grain toast. Most people with psoriasis say they eliminated eggs from their diet completely, but I was wandering could egg whites really be the trigger for psoriasis?

I agree with you, I doubt that egg white is common trigger for psoriasis flare-up, but the thing is - everyone is different and each psoriasis patient has specific triggers. If you haven't had any problems eating egg whites so far, chances are that you're fine eating them.

The general advice for finding foods that trigger psoriasis attacks is with trial and error: you eliminate, for example, egg whites from your diet for 2 weeks and watch for any changes in areas affected for psoriasis. If there is no change, you can continue eating it. And you basically repeat this process for foods you suspect are making your condition worse,

Wish you all the best, Nicole

I am on a GAPS elimination diet to treat leaky gut. I was overjoyed up until 5 months into the protocol because my chronic 30 year scalp psoriasis was in complete remission and I thought I was 'cured'. Gradually adding different foods into the diet and carefully journaling the results, I discovered that 3 days after I added egg whites, the psoriasis unfortunately returned. I persisted with the egg whites for a few more months in the hope for healing from the protocol, however this did not come. A friend suggested I try duck eggs but I couldn't source those so I tried organic eggs instead and the psoriasis cleared!!!

The drawback is that I have found some 'organic' brands do not protect me from psoriasis the way others do. Obviously the feed comes under suspicion, and I need a trusted continuous source to stay free from the affliction. One can only wonder which component of the food is causing my affliction but there are obvious suspects - GM corn or soy, hormones or whatever. There is some more experimenting to do once I am able to re-introduce corn into my own diet to check the GM corn idea, but that wont be for another year or so.

try juicing with carrot apple and beetroot. it's good for the skin. Tom

ayurvedic medicine are available in kerala, India for psoriasis. Simple oil will cure this. I spend only USD, 4 - ELADI COCONUT OIL.

hi . i have my psoriasis under control with coal tar shsmpoo . also drinking veri juice instead of vineger insalad . and using red pepper sauce in the amount of two spoon fulls Tbs every night in yogurt . not drinking milk . and recently my dr ggave me a urea 10PERCENT. VIT C 3 PERCENT . AND 30 PERCENT CLOBATASOol cream which is good for flareups . eggs dont make a difference . dr.k dentist

probiotic omega 3 multivitamin vitamin d glucosamine vitamin c is best to heal psrosies try it... 100% but check the dosage don't take over...