Hello. I've heard a lot of information that whole eggs are source of bad cholesterol, egg yolks precisely. I'm eating 3-4 eggs weekly (whole eggs) so I was wondering if this is true? I know that many suggest eating just egg whites, especially if you follow diet plans or workout nutrition plan, but to me the yolk is the best part of the egg. How do you eat eggs, whole or just whites?

Most nutrition facts by the government are a lie. Bread is a source of Carbs, which is simply fancy sugar. Actually, cholesterol is good all around for you. HDL's and LDL's work together to transfer new cholesterol to damaged vains and to remove cholesterol from repaired vains and such. There is no true 'bad cholesterol', but rather cholesterol paired with oxygen absorbed into the blood stream. as the HDLs bring cholesterol fo damaged vains, oxygen may accidentally push HDL's into the vain/artery walls. This is actually where heart attacks come from: Not eggs or egg whites or any of that stuff, buy rather the bread that may go with it, if any, Feel free to have those yolks, and have fun having a newfound phobia of bread. ;)

EDIT: Look up the documentary called Fat Head for more/more accurate information on cholesterol and carbs.

Hi. I eat mine whole. :) Sigh guy gave you good answer. High cholesterol food is bad only if you don't know your limits. Moderation and balance are the important. There was a lot of fuss about eggs in the past. They were even banned from the breakfast table. But today eggs are considered a relatively healthy choice if you don't eat too much of them. Whole eggs are now part of healthy diets. As long as you don't load up on cholesterol from other sources, like meat and dairy you'll be fine. So if you have an egg for breakfast, don't have a burger (or other od high in cholesterol) for lunch.

I missed a point that I'm getting to now: Your body, if it has to, will purposefully make its own cholesterol.

whole eggs gives you 6g protein and only whites gives toy 2-3g proteins so its depends on you how much protein do you want and if you have some heat problem then you should go with just whites