Hello! I am a bit ashamed to ask my question since it might seem a bit irrelevant but I really try to eat as healthy as I possibly can and that is why I need to know the answer. I have heard that brown eggs are healthier than the white ones. Is it true? Is one color of egg healthier than the other?

Absolutely no! The color of the egg depends on the color of the hen that hatches it. If you look at the color of the hen’s ear lobe you will be able to predict the color of the egg she is going to lay. White hens lay white eggs, brown hens lay brown eggs, that’s it.

I agree. And I would just like to add that the color of the shell has nothing to do with egg quality, nutritional value or flavor. They say the reason brown eggs cost more is because the brown-egg variety of chickens eats more and cost more to feed. The cost is then paid for by the consumer. Hope I helped you.

I was going to the gym and my nutrisionist told me that when i was going to eat eggs, I shouldn't eat the inside. I sould just eat the white part because it had less calories. So I don't know if that helps. But that has to do more with fried eggs. If you boil it you do a better job.