I have been taking ambien and adderall together for almost 5 years now. I was diagnosed with ADHD when I was in the 4th grade and would get all of my work done correctly before all the kids and then be such a distraction to them that it became a problem. My parents took me to a psychiatrist and I was prescribed for several different medications until we found that adderall worked best for me. My behavior in class dramatically changed. I went from being that loud child that ran around yelling and being a distraction to everyone, to a well behaved and engaged student.

But now, 12 years down the road, I still struggle with ADHD every day. Each one of my college classes presents a challenge for me and I can't afford to space out or not pay attention. So I regularly take 25 mg XR in the morning and another 25 mg XR in the afternoon. It wears off around 930 at night. With the problems I have sleeping, I've also been prescribed ambien to help me sleep. It has made a world of difference. I used to lie in bed at night so frustrated and so tired and my brain would just be over processing all the time so I couldn't sleep. But the ambien was just enough to calm me down and make me go to sleep.

I think that if you're concerned about side effects because of the medication not crossing well or anything, I 'personally haven't experienced anything. And these are two medications that it goes with out saying that they should not be taken at the same time. But if you take them when you are prescribed to take them, you will be fine. Just make sure you go to bed after you take the ambien because it will make things a little woozy and weird.