Good day everyone. So my brother's kid Alan is 19 years old. He is college kid and he is doing very good. He never played any kind of sports because he was never talented for any of them. He never tried even when his doctor was telling him that he should play some because all of his family have heart issues. Now, he has some small heart issue as well. His doctor prescribed Valsartan for him, but I really want to know are there any negative side - effects of those pills for treating heart conditions? Thank you in advance... 

Hey there.

Here is the list of possible side – effects that this medicine can cause. You should be aware that there are a lot of them, but they all can disappear very soon. So, here is:

• Blood in your urine
  • very cold sweats
  • sometimes you are in the stage of the confusion
  • decreased frequency or amount of urine
  • difficult in the breathing
  • dizziness, faintness,
  • fainting
  • increased thirst
  • irregular heartbeat
  • loss of appetite
  • lower back or side pain
  • nausea
  • nervousness
  • fever
  • hoarseness
  • sore throat.

I believe that there are so many other side – effects and it is very important to consult your doctor when you notice any of them.

Hey there.

Side – effects that are caused by Valsartan can last for 4 weeks.

It is true that there are so many more side – effects. For example, you can deal with : dark urine, tiredness light-colored stool, abdominal and stomach pain, yellow eyes and yellow skin. But of course some side – effects can occur and they don’t usually need no medical attention. They just can came up and go away during some treatment, and the main cause is because your body is trying to adjust to some medicine. Your doctor needs to know all side – effects and all possible changes in your body.

Hey there. To be honest, I haven't expected so large list of the side - effects. I supposed that some of them are very common, while some of them are rare. I want to know which side - effects are rare? Those who are common I suppose that I do know already. 

What is the big health problem that can occur when somebody is using Valsartan? Please, that information is really important to me and I need to know it. They are desperate and I totally understand them about this.

I am looking forward to your answers very soon. Thank you. 

I think that you are just like me – you think that he won’t have those common side – effects that anyone else has but that you are going to have those who are rare. I understand why you are worried. Very rare side – effects that can occur are: chills, hoarseness, fever, swelling of your mouth, swelling of your hands, sore throat, trouble while you need to swallow your food, you have dark urine, you have light – colored stools…Etc. That is all that can happen to you.

But you need to tell them that if he has any of those side – effects, they need to react immediately.