My father is 73 years old and it looks like he has some severe heart problems. Actually, his coronaries are blocked, almost 90% and stent has to be implanted. I would just like to know if there are any side effects after that surgery. I just hope that he will be ok.

There is no reason why wouldn’t he be all right. That said, you should know that heart stent procedure is not an open heart surgery, therefore a risk of something going wrong is decreased. But, the problem with this procedure is its longevity, I mean, if the old way of life is continued (the kind that caused the blockage), it might be possible that the procedure has to be repeated after a while.

Hello there dodie,

Well, it is quite common that you are worried because of the stent procedure that your father needs to undergo. Well, first of all this is not an open heart procedure so the risk is not as high due to the open heart surgery.

Of course, there is always chance that something goes wrong but this happens very rare during this procedure and I am sure that your doctor has informed you about everything so try to relax a little bit. Also you will need to take care of certain life style changes that your father will have to undergo. I presume that he will need to avoid certain foods and certain strenuous physical activity. Good luck.