My wife has been suffering from Trigeminal Neuralgia. She has started with treatment, meds for now, but she keeps complaining on eye pain. Is this characteristic or not for Trigeminal Neuralgia? What are other treatment options? Is she is going to need surgery? I don't know much about this condition, but I would like to help her if I can.

The goal of Trigeminal Neuralgia treatment is to relieve the pain and avoiding facial numbness as much as possible, enabling those who have the disease to return to a normal life. Condition is characterized by episodes of intense, stabbing, electric-shock like pain in areas of the face which have branches of the trigeminal nerve (lips, eyes, nose, scalp, forehead, jaw). Treatment may include medications, surgery or a combination; I guess her doctor decides about that.