My daughter is 11 years old and she has been complaining on headaches. She describes the pain as “pressure in the head”. I gave you a couple of times some aspirins but it repeats and I am afraid to give her anything stronger. Is it possible that she is having chronic headaches?

Children’s headaches have many possible causes, so each child needs a personal evaluation. Your child should see a doctor if he or she starts having headaches on a weekly basis. I suppose that Doctor will ask for CT scan or MRI, since she describes the pain as “pressure in the head”. I only know that common types of chronic headache are: transformed migraines, which happens when an occasional migraine occurrence turns into a daily occurrence and rebound headaches which are result from overusing certain over-the-counter and prescription medications for chronic tension-type headaches.

Pressure in the head could be intracranial hypertension. She needs to see a neurologist.