I have been married to a wonderful man for nearly 20 years now! My husband is a beautiful person, but unfortunately he suffers from depression, making life so difficult for himself and others around him at times. He is on medication right now, which has helped him a lot, but he reports not being able to feel much at all any more, which is terrible if you think about it. I did hear that there are diets that can help treat depression. I'd really like to help my husband and would greatly appreciate it if anyone could share their knowledge about the diet to treat depression. I think that anything that will help my husband be himself again would be so wonderful, and I'd be willing to give anything for that!

I did hear that vitamin B2 and B12 can play an important role in depression as well as schizophrenia. A lack of these vitamins makes it more likely for a person top fall prey to depression. Perhaps you could start by getting a great vitamin supplement to make sure there are no deficiencies? I will try and find some articles that explain the link between these vitamins and depression and will link them if I find them.