My husband just started with alcohol withdrawal. He is not in any rehab center, he is at home but under the doc control…anyway he is very depressed and I was wondering are there some meds or supplements or anything I can give him to help him cope with depression during withdrawal process.

Yes there is daily combination of vitamins that are used by researchersin an attempt to reduce anxiety and depression in alcoholics. Here is the combination (daily): 3 grams of vitamin C, 3 grams of niacin, 600 mg of vitamin B6, and 600 IU of vitamin E. Anyone taking such high amounts of niacin and vitamin B6 must do so only under the care of a doctor because of possible side effects.

I just discovered that my boyfriend is alcoholic.. he never mentioned anything to me.. we just don't meet everytime and that's why I never noticed anything.. i was thinking maybe to give him antabuse without him knowing buy i'm not sure.... i've seen antabuse at ***, have you ever heard of that ?

**edited by moderator**

The depression lifts slowly but surely after a few days of withdrawal. Get him to go to AA meetings,,,,,they really really really help.