Hello! My son is under therapy with amoxicillin for since yesterday. His doctor prescribed 250mg each eight hours for seven days. He has throat infection and his temperature is higher. His doctor said I should give him paracetamol when his temperature is higher but I have only ibuprofen at home at the moment. I think it is the same as paracetamol. Do ibuprofen and amoxicillin go together?

Hello! Well, paracetamol and ibuprofen are not the same drugs. Paracetamol is more suitable for children since clinical trials to establish the safety and effectiveness of ibuprofen on children are not conducted. I don’t think ibuprofen goes well with amoxicillin, especially in children. I also read some articles on renal failure and toxicity when taken both of these drugs in the same time. Since your son is a child I think you should give him paracetamol instead ibuprofen. Paracetamol can be bought anywhere.