im a 24 female in dallas tx region and yesterday woke up with a severe sore throat and body (joint and muscle) aches. i havent had any fever nor have i had any sinus issues like runny, stuffy nose or congestion. also, there are no apparent white spots in the back of my mouth or throat but it is very swollen and red. my skin is notably sensitive to touch. i feel like the princess and the pea every position i lay. im a little concerned that there may be some type of infection and immune systom isnt fighting it off :( im generally very healthy. i eat the right foods and get plenty of vitamins and minerals in my diet...excercise regularly and work everyday that im not chasing after my 2 kids. what is wrong with me!?

I have the same thing also live in Dallas so I'd love to know if you find out if this viral, bacterial, etc. as my husband also now has it.  We also both were out in the sun and got little red dots where our skin was exposed to sunlight.

I live in a small town in south west Georgia and I have identical symptoms. The tenderness in my muscles especially. It has happened to me before but this time I had an added symptom which was mild vertigo. I would like to know what's wrong with me as well!

I have similar symptoms as well as stuffy/runny nose. No fever at all and this has been very persistent. First time I have been really "under the weather" my entire life.

My 14 year old has the same symptoms. (we live in Plano) She stayed home from school two days she felt so bad, but has complained all week of her head hurting, sore throat, neck, shoulders & back hurting as well as her legs and ankles. Spoke to the nurse yesterday and they aren't aware of anything right now going around that has flu like symptoms but with no fever. They recommended we come in for blood work. My 14 year old plays sports but hasn't had any injuries or hits to the head (this year). We are stumped as well.....

Me and my sister live in NJ and developed similar symptoms.  No fever, but achiness and sore throat.  I thought it might have been allergies but the aches make me think it is some type of cold or flu.

I live in the Detroit area and have had this same thing come on today.  Bad sore throat, extreme muscle aches, especially of my back, chest, arms and wrists.  No fever.  It's very strange.  Wondering if it is a virus as well. 

I have all these symptoms and I'm from Utah. I don't know of anyone else who has it. The aches for me are mild enough that without the fever I wonder if I'm imagining it but they're persistent enough that I know I'm not. I've also got a stuffy nose and a sore throat that won't quit.

3.

NOW, same here :( tempe arizona, has lasted about 7 days... headaches, no fever, body aches.. miserable.. still with me

1.

this is following a bad sinus/flu infection in late December...

and then 4 days after that cleared up eventually, I got a terrible cough/sore throat etc, doc said acute bacterial bronchitis, couldnt breathe well... when trying to sleep it got terrible and couldn't sleep for a while til I got the cough syrup... was prescribed in haler for first time in life and cough syrup and ... which lasted until mid Jan. then 3 days after that THIS (3.) kicked in... talked to doc again and said multiple things were going around:/ which made me not worry, but still feel like c**p...

Boo whoo:(

I have the EXACT same symptoms.i live in Virginia. Very sore/swollenthroat, muscle and joint pain. My neck, shoulders, back, legs and ankles hurt. No fever though. My skin is sensitive to touch. Anyone know whats wrong with me??

We live in Canada. My 17 year old daughter is experiencing the same symptoms and it's the lack of fever that has me concerned - if fever was present we could call it a flu. Has anyone found any answers since you posted your symptoms over the past three months? Hoping for a little insight - thanks :)!!!!

I'm having the same symptoms. Body aches, nasal congestion & sore throat. My body is fatigued but no fever. Anyone have any ideas on what this is? Debating going to the doctor or just continuing rest, fluids and cold meds.

Update - I took my daughter to the doctor after my post of last week. It turned out to be a nasty virus but the syptoms responded well to Tylenol Extra Strength. It lasted three days with the first day being by far the worst. And no one else in the family caught it. But all is well now!!

I'm in va too, exact same symptoms. Maybe a virus is making its rounds?

Female in PA - Have had these exact symptoms (sore throat, headache, muscle aches and skin sensitivity, but no fever) for 3 days - (3rd day much improved).  I suspect it's viral.  I've learned that there are over 200 viruses which can cause flu or flu-like symptoms, so guessing this is one of them.