I have had my blood pressure measured at the pharmacy a couple of times and it has been too high every time. The pharmacist said that I should go and see my family doctor about my high blood pressure, because I am likely to need high blood pressure medication at this point! I am really shocked, but it also explains why I have been having heart palpitations and feeling strange recently, perhaps. So, can you give me any relevant information about high blood pressure drugs? What is the best drug for high blood pressure?

There are a few different classes of high blood pressure drugs. The two most common are beta blockers and diuretics. I personally don't like the thought of taking beta blockers, because they are well known for a wide range of side effects and I would rather live without those! I do think diuretics are better, even though they are also used for water retention and oedema and make you pee more often.