Hi, I always knew that my girlfriend was obsessed with a feeling that everything has to be perfect and under her control, but I didn’t realize how far she could go with this behavior. She moved to my flat only a week ago, and I already don’t know how to handle her. I guess that she suffers from obsessive-compulsive personality disorder. How should I treat a person who has this disorder?

Hello, I know exactly how you feel. My husband was a normal person when he married me, but it was a long time ago. All these years have changed him a lot, and he became psychologicly inflexibil. He has an obsessive compulsive personality disorder, and everything has to be the way he imagined. He is preoccupated with details, lists and rules, and everything he does has to be excessive pedant. I tried to talk to him about this problem, but he is not aware of his condition, and thinks that I’m exaggerating. This condition is also called anankastic personality disorder, and it is trated by psychotherapy and self help. However, my husband doesn’t think he needs help, so I will take him to marrige counciling to show him that we have a problem that has to be solved.