I know some kids like to wash their hands, but one friend of mine does it too much. She wants to stop, but her hands just do not feel clean enough. Sometimes she scrubs her hands until they are red and raw, which worries me. After eating, she feels she has to wash again, so I find it sick. Can you tell me could it be obsessive-compulsive disorder?

Obsessive-compulsive disorder is a type of anxiety that happens when there is a problem with the brain. The main problem is the way that brain deals with normal worrying and doubts. Kids with this disorder worry a lot and they feel afraid about bad things that could possibly happen. Some kids feel that they have to say things a certain number of times, ask questions repeatedly, or keep things super-clean. People with obsessive-compulsive disorder worry so much that they can spend many hours, or even the whole day, worrying about things. They also spending a lot of time trying to make sure the bad things they worry about do not happen. Normal is that kids may worry about getting lost or that something will happen to their parents. They may sometimes feel afraid that they will get sick or hurt, and it is normal. Normal worries come and go without causing too much of a problem while this disorder causes different problems.

Actually i think i am also facing this problem. Because some times not some times i am always worry about to clean my hands again and again. Sapouse i touch some thing which is may be not clean, and i wash my hands. Normaly i repeat to wash my hands three, five and ten times. And some times the way i am repeating some words or some questions. I think i am seek. What should i do ?

*****

**edited by moderator**emails not allowed**