Hello guys.

My mom called me today, it looks like that my aunt was diagnosed with obsessive - compulsive disorder. She called me because she doesn't know a lot about it, but to be honest with you, I don't know much as well about this issue.

I am not sure do I even know anyone with this kind of disorder. So, her doctor suggested her a couple of treatments and my mom thinks that she needs to choose the treatment. No, mom! You don't have to..UGH.

Anyway, I want to know one thing - What is the best treatment option for Obsessive-compulsive disorder?

Unfortunately, there is no cure for OCD. But there are so many therapies that can be helpful and usually, those therapies involve medications. For example, there are so many medications, and that lists of medications is pretty long, for example, these medications include: Sertraline (Zoloft) Paroxetine (Paxil) Fluvoxamine (Luvox) Fluoxetine (Prozac) Citalopram (Celexa). You can find it anywhere. Of course, there are some therapies that are pretty good and one of those is cognitive Behavioral Therapy Treatment for OCD. You should explain to your mom that she won't choose those medications, maybe doctor told her about those treatment just because he still doesn't know what is the best. That is all. In the couple of days he will decide what is the best treatment for your aunt.

She should just pick one in order to give it a shot and see how it goes. The behavioral therapy treatment is a really good treatment option, she should consider doing this first.

I think that Prozac is one of the most well known medications when it comes to fighting against obsessive compulsive disorder. I would suggest her to try this one first, if her doctor already recommended this one for her. If he didn't, she has to talk to him about it first and if he says that she can use this one, then she should try using this one.

This is usually treated alongside with a psychologist, these people are really helpful when it comes to treating stuff like this.

Obsessive compulsive disorder is treated with medications or with psychotherapy. Most of the patients respond good to the treatment, some people will still keep on having some symptoms.

There is no such thing as "best treatment". It is kind of different for most people, different people need different treatment options so your aunt needs to talk to her doctor again so that he can tell her what exactly does she have to do, which medications to use and stuff like that.

Well, as I could imagine that the best thing that my aunt can do is to talk to someone. But, of course she doesn't want to go to see doctor or any one who is an expert to help her. I really can't understand why people have so hard time to do that, especially because they can see that someone around them is suffering? To be honest, I am sorry about my mom. I know that she is having really hard time about this.

Anyway,I will inform my mom about your experiences and about your comments and I really hope that this is going to help her. 

You need to talk to a psychologist but the best thing to treat OCD would be to learn how to control your thoughts (this is not at all as easy as it sounds). You need to notice when these thoughts come to you, you need to understand why it happens and you need to stop responding to these thoughts and then learn how to stop them from occurring.

Whenever I had problems with my thoughts, I would fix it with meditation. Meditation is great for learning how to cope with your thoughts and if you never tried it, I suggest that you do it now.

This one is hard. This is one of the worst disorders out there and it is also one of the hardest to treat. I think that cognitive behavioral therapy is the best option to treat this disorder but you are going to have to talk to a psychologist about this, if you don't have a problem with that. I don't know why, but a lot of people seem to have problems when it comes to going to a psychologist, nobody wants to go. If it is the same thing with you, you need to stop with that nonsense and do what you have to do.

Hey there.

Thank you. She went to see her doctor, but my aunt didn't want to go there. So my mom went there alone. He told her about some treatments, but he also told her that he can't help my aunt without her presence. 

Now, my mom really doesn't know what to do anymore and she is keep telling me that my aunt is worse. I don't know is she worse because of her disease or maybe there is some other reason.

But I am scared that, if she left this untreated, something bad is going to happen to her. 

I am very sorry to hear this 62. I just can't imagine how your mom feels about this whole situation. But she needs to find the way to convince your aunt to go to the doctor, to see what he is going to tell her and what treatment he is going to prescribe to her. There are so many ways to treat it. For example, depending on the severity of symptoms that she has, her doctor may prescribe only counseling or counseling and an antidepressant, such as fluoxetine (for example, Prozac), fluvoxamine (Luvox), or sertraline (Zoloft). But as we all told you, you really need to help your mom to convince your aunt to visit the doctor, before it is too late.

Good day everyone.

My good friend has this diagnose and one of the therapy that doctor told her that he would prescribe her is a type of cognitive-behavioral therapy that is called exposure and response prevention. When we are talking about this therapy, you should know that this therapy is considered the most effective type of counseling for OCD.

This therapy is done with a therapist or on your own with directions from your therapist. So, I think that this therapy is good.

But it is really silly telling you which therapy is the best if she doesn't want to see the doctor.

Find a way to tell her that doctor is her only saver.