Hi, there. My friend has been diagnosed with obsessive personality disorder. I am not quite sure what this is. Is this the same as OCD is? Or there are some differences? If there were, I would like to know what the difference is. I hope someone will know to answer my post. Thanks.

Hi, there. As far as I know obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) is the same as obsessive personality disorder. OCD belongs to a group of chronic anxiety disorders. Here, a person has obsessive, intrusive thoughts. In order to remove them, this person makes some tasks – compulsions. They must make things in some order. I really don’t know where this comes from. Maybe you can ask some expert for some details. I hope your friend will be all right. Good luck!

Hi, there. I would also agree that OCD is the same as obsessive personality disorder is. Maybe the second one does not have compulsions. I had a friend with OCD. He was always counting something, checking and arranging. He always wanted to make some order. He was always washing and cleaning something. This is a disorder that should be handled by a psychiatrist. I hope your friend will feel better. Good luck with all! Bye!