I am looking for a birth control with the least amount of side effects. I have taken the pill for quite some time now. My pill was changed to ortho tricylcen low and i had hrrible headaches and weight gain. I have started thinking about the shot. I need advice please and thank you!

It's hard to say what would be the best option for you, but if you already are having troubles with weight gain, than I don't think that the Depo shot would do you any good in that sense. Also, problem with Depo is that it almost always comes with bleeding problems - from spotting after sex to the complete skipping of the periods for quite a while, even when you are off the shot. Have you considered IUDs? Not all of them are hormonal, maybe your body needs a rest from artificial hormones and you still will be protected.