I've been getting a heavy vaginal discharge for the past 6 weeks and had swab tests taken last week by the doctor and today was told that I have something called beta haemolytic strep. The doctor told me that it is normal to have in my body, and that there isn't anything I can do about it and that I don't need to take medicine but if I want to maybe I can take a course of Penicillin V. Can anyone give me some advice as to what I should take or what doasge of Penicillin and for how long, or any other remedies as even if this is normal for my body, the discharge is abnormal and embarrasing and I would like to cure it if possible. Thanks for any help.