Hi, I am 27 years old male and have pharyngitis, caused by resistant beta haemolityc strep C. Penicillin therapy had no effect. Now, I got erythromycin prescribed. Will that work out? I need help, any information because I’m afraid of spreading of infection.

Hi, my younger son, 8 years, also had beta haemolityc Strep C infection resistant to penicillin. When he took all medications prescribed, there was no obvious progress. The doctor thought that another course of therapy was needed to cure the infection. However, he was wrong, the bacteria were resistant, and it took him too long to realize that. Then, finally, he started treatment with erythromycin, what was effective. So, let’s hope that erythromycin will give expected results. I don’t believe it’s common to see such infection in adults. That best thing would be for you to perform an antibiogram test and define exactly to which antibiotic bacteria is susceptible.

I have just been diagnosed (after being sick for nearly 4 weeks now) of Strep C and have been given Erythromicin. The Report on my culture indicated that the strain is sensitive to pennicilin but so am I so I could not have it. Did the Erythromicin work?

My cousin a year ago died from a rare form of strep , the syntoms he had were the same to Strep C . Why isn't there alot of information about strep C , i now have it a year later , it's been three weeks and three differnt sets of pill's , Will the Penicillin take the infection away if i've had it this long ?

Most general internal medicine practices are ill equipped to deal with strep c, that is if they even culture for it properly, as a good culture for a or b has a high likelihood of a false negative for c. C will not exhibit normal strep symptoms, but it will creep up the Eustachian tubes and make sneezing very painful. So if you are getting no where, get to a larger hospital's infectious disease dept.

To kill it in me, it took a penicillin injection in the rump, and oral rifampin.

if you are in the DC metro area, go to Georgetown Hospital, as their infectious disease dept was the only one to successfully kill it.

I've been sick for 3 months now. First 2 throat cultures came back positive for strep (Non strep A). I was put on Omnicef for 2 weeks without any results. Then on Clydimycin for 10 days (Lasted 2 weeks than symptoms reappeared. I had to insist that my doctor do a third culture to see exactley what kind of strep I have and how to treat it. Came back Positive for Strep C. Went to ENT and they didn't have a clue(said if your throat is still sore in a month come back and we'll take your tonsils out). Tested all four of my girls and there all negative. Now testing my dog, I changed my toothbrush 10 times, threw out all chapsticks, lipsticks, toothpastes(everything) Now I am on Penicillin and after 10 days NO RESULTS!!!!!   Dr. now says try Erthromycin and I have to go to a new Ear,Nose & Throat. Is there anyone with any advice, I am desperate...  Dr's don't seem to know how to test for this or how to treat it. I feel like a mutant ):  My Dr, Kids pediatricain & Vet all had to call lab to see how to test for it????

How are you now? I bet your dog had it. Didd ithe erthromycin work?

take advise of last person get to a large hospital.