I have a sore throat and fever, my lymph glands are all swollen. And now I have a rash! I was afraid that I might have lupus, because I heard that rash is a symptom of lupus, but my doctor told me that I got strep throat. He told me to drink a lot of water, milkshakes, and to eat soft foods?! Still no result. Is there any cure for strep throat, like some meds or something?

Hi. I have strep throat and exactly the same symptoms!!! Except the rash. I was prescribed with antibiotics and they must be taken for at least 10 days to be effective. Some say that antibiotics are dangerous and not helpful, and that the infection can recur when you treat strep throat with antibiotics, but I feel better already. Anyway, antibiotics are for really sick people. Other methods include gargling with salt water, throat sprays and soft drinks.