For the past year and a half, i have had problems with proven chronic yeast infections, and have tried everything from ketoconozole to grapefruit seed extract to try to get rid of them. About 4 months ago, i started using boric acid capsules intravaginally every one or two days, which seemed to completely flush away any yeast like discharge, and create an extremely watery one but if i stop using it, my discharge returns to a very thick and clumpy state. I don't, however, have the severe itchiness and vulval iritation that i had previously. i went to a dermatologist and she told me to stop using the boric acid for a month and have a swab done to make sure that it was yeast, however the swab came back negative.
i assumed this may be because the boric acid was counteracting the yeast outside of my body. but was told this was impossible because it was only used locally.

Now i don't know what is wrong with me. The doctor keeps telling me that my discharge is probably normal without properly examining it. However, for me, it feels completely abnormal. It is too thick and pasty to have sex properly. If i take a bit between my fingers, and wash it under the shower, the mucous washes away and what i am left with is a small amount of "stuff" similar to what you get under your fingernails if you scratch your legs when they're extremely dirty. This is surely not normal. could it be my vaginal liniing or dead skin cells or something from the boric acid?

i barely have a sex life because of this.
please help!

I had a similar problem and was diagnosed with an overgrowth of group B strep. Many don't believe that group B strep causes irritation, but apparently it's recently been discovered that it can. The symptoms are a white, mucusy discharge that doesn't smell bad like most bacterial vaginosis. This might be worth checking out.

I also have vaginal strep that I can't get rid of...white yellow discharge that has been cultured 3 times as strep. Have used boric acid vaginal supp which helped during used then symptoms reoccured. Metro gel vaginnally did not help either. I also have Lyme disease and recently had double mastectomies for breast cancer...my gyn md says that I am immunocompromised and that is why I can't get rid of this infection.